The modification of proteins with ubiquitin is an important cellular mechanism for targeting abnormal or short-lived proteins for degradation. Ubiquitination involves at least three classes of enzymes: ubiquitin-activating enzymes, or E1s, ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes, or E2s, and ubiquitin-protein ligases, or E3s. The UBE2D1 gene encodes a member of the E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme family. This enzyme is closely related to a stimulator of iron transport (SFT), and is up-regulated in hereditary hemochromatosis. It also functions in the ubiquitination of the tumor-suppressor protein p53 and the hypoxia-inducible transcription factor HIF1alpha by interacting with the E1 ubiquitin-activating enzyme and the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligases. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for UBE2D1 (provided by RefSeq, Mar 2011).
Rabbit anti Human UBE2D1 antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti UBE2D1 detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in HEK293 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 111-140 of human UBE2D1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000209 protein polyubiquitination
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0007094 mitotic cell cycle spindle assembly checkpoint
- GO:0007179 transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0030509 BMP signaling pathway
- GO:0031145 anaphase-promoting complex-dependent proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0043687 post-translational protein modification
- GO:0051436 negative regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0051437 positive regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0070936 protein K48-linked ubiquitination
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of UBE2D1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra