Tissue Transglutaminase antibody
Transglutaminases are enzymes that catalyze the crosslinking of proteins by epsilon-gamma glutamyl lysine isopeptide bonds. While the primary structure of transglutaminases is not conserved, they all have the same amino acid sequence at their active sites and their activity is calcium-dependent. Encoded by the TGM2 gene, tissue transglutaminase acts as a monomer, is induced by retinoic acid, and appears to be involved in apoptosis. It is also the autoantigen implicated in celiac disease. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for TGM2 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human tissue transglutaminase antibody detects a band of 78 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti TGM2 detects a band of approximately 78 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 429-458 amino acids from the Central region of human tissue transglutaminase
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003810 protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0008415 acyltransferase activity
- GO:0043277 apoptotic cell clearance
- GO:0045785 positive regulation of cell adhesion
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Tissue Transglutaminase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|