Rabbit anti Human TIM-4 antibody recognizes the C-terminal (CT) region of T-cell immunoglobulin mucin-4 (TIM-4), also known as SMUCKLER. TIM-4 is a ~ 42 kDa type I membrane protein which is preferentially expressed on macrophages and dendritic cells. TIM-4 is the ligand of TIM-1, and binding leads to T-cell proliferation and cytokine production. Polymorphisms in the TIM-4 gene may be associated with a predisposition to asthma.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human TIM-4 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 15 amino acid peptide sequence near the carboxy terminus of human TIM-4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TIM-4 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1188 detects a band of approximately 54kDa in Jurkat cell lysate.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Meyers, J.H. et al. (2005) TIM-4 is the ligand for TIM-1, and the TIM-1-TIM-4 interaction regulates T cell proliferation.
Nat Immunol. 6 (5): 455-64.
Meyers, J.H. et al. (2005) The TIM gene family regulates autoimmune and allergic diseases.
Trends Mol Med. 11 (8): 362-9.