Encoded by the TMPO gene, thymopoietins reside in the nucleus and may play a role in the assembly of the nuclear lamina, helping to maintain the structural organization of the nuclear envelope. Mutations in TMPO are associated with dilated cardiomyopathy and this gene has been found up regulated in several types of cancer. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been noted for TMPO (provided by RefSeq, May 2010).
Rabbit anti Human thymopoietin antibody detects a band of 51 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti thymopoetin detects a band of approximately 51 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 243-269 amino acids from the central region of human thymopoetin
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0005521 lamin binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005637 nuclear inner membrane
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Thymopoetin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra