Rabbit anti Human TAP1 antibody detects an epitope within the C-terminal region of human TAP1, also known as transporter associated with antigen processing 1. TAP1 is an ~81 kDa membrane-associated protein which is a member of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter superfamily and together with the homologous subunit TAP2 forms the functional TAP complex.
TAP1 is involved in the transport of antigenic peptides from the cytosol into the endoplasmic reticulum, where they associate with major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I molecules. These complexes are presented at the cell surface to T-lymphocytes, which identify and remove infected or malignantly transformed cells.
Rabbit anti Human TAP1 antibody (
AHP1248) does not cross react with human TAP2.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to TAP1 (C-terminal) were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- TAP1 peptide corresponding to the C-terminal of the human protein conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of T cell mediated cytotoxicity
peptide antigen binding
oligopeptide-transporting ATPase activity
intracellular transport of viral proteins in host cell
antigen processing and presentation of endogenous peptide antigen via MHC class I
MHC class I protein binding
protein homodimerization activity
cytosol to ER transport
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TAP1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1248 detects a band of approximately 72kDa
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra