Rabbit anti Slug antibody detects Slug, a member of the Snail family of zinc finger transcription factors, whose expression is induced by FGF, BMP, and TGF-β. Slug is a ~29 kDa transcriptional repressor, which functions by binding to E-box motifs and inhibiting gene expression by recruiting histone deacetylase-1 (HDAC-1).
Slug controls the expression of a wide variety of genes including TP53, BRCA2, PUM and CDH1, and has important roles in apoptosis and epithelial-mesenchymal transition. It is also thought to function in neural crest development.
Slug expression in breast, oesophageal, and colorectal carcinomas has been correlated with poor prognosis for survival. Rabbit anti Slug antibody is not cross-reactive with Snail.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Slug were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 13 amino acid peptide sequence near the centre of human Slug.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
multicellular organismal development
ectoderm and mesoderm interaction
zinc ion binding
canonical Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Slug antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1186 detects a band of approximately 30kDa in 293 cell lysate.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Tripathi, M.K. et al. (2005) Regulation of BRCA2 gene expression by the SLUG repressor protein in human breast cells.
J Biol Chem. 280 (17): 17163-71.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra