Rabbit anti Human sIL-4 receptor alpha antibody,
recognizes soluble interleukin-4 receptor subunit alpha (sIL-4RA), also known as IL-4 binding protein.
sIL-4RA is the naturally occurring soluble form of IL-4RA, a type I receptor which is a functional receptor of IL-4 and IL-13 (Henderson et al. 2000
). sIL-4RA is present in biological fluids and contains only the extracellular portion of IL-4RA (Andrews et al. 2006
). It is produced by proteolytic shedding of the membrane bound form or through alternative splicing of the gene. Like IL-4RA, the soluble form is able to bind IL-4, which effectively inhibits the biological function of IL-4 (Silvestri et al. 2006
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
- Antiserum Preparation
- Produced from sera of rabbits immunized with recombinant human soluble interleukin-4 receptor subunit alpha and purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- CHO cell line derived recombinant soluble interleukin-4 receptor subunit alpha (sIL-4RA) corresponding to 209 amino acid residues of the extracellular domain of IL-4RA
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/μg of protein (< 1 EU/μg)
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of sIL-4 Receptor Subunit Alpha antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra