Prolyl Hydroxylase 1 antibody
Hypoxia inducible factor (HIF) is a transcriptional complex that is involved in oxygen homeostasis. At normal oxygen levels, the alpha subunit of HIF is targeted for degradation by prolyl hydroxylation. The prolyl hydroxylase 1 gene encodes an enzyme responsible for this post-translational modification. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. Read-through transcription also exists between the prolyl hydroxylase 1 gene and the upstream RAB4B (RAB4B, member RAS oncogene family) gene (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2011).
Rabbit anti Human prolyl hydroxylase 1 antibody detects a band of 44 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti prolyl hydroxylase 1 detects a band of approximately 44 kDa in HepG2 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 96-123 of human prolyl hydroxylase 1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q96KS0 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- EGLN2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001558 regulation of cell growth
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0008198 ferrous iron binding
- GO:0016702 oxidoreductase activity, acting on single donors with incorporation of molecular oxygen, incorporation of two atoms of oxygen
- GO:0016706 oxidoreductase activity, acting on paired donors, with incorporation or reduction of molecular oxygen, 2-oxoglutarate as one donor, and incorporation of one atom each of oxygen into both donors
- GO:0019826 oxygen sensor activity
- GO:0030520 estrogen receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0031418 L-ascorbic acid binding
- GO:0045732 positive regulation of protein catabolic process
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Prolyl Hydroxylase 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.