The product of the PPP2R2A gene belongs to the phosphatase 2 regulatory subunit B family. Protein phosphatase 2 is one of the four major Ser/Thr phosphatases, and it is implicated in the negative control of cell growth and division. It consists of a common heteromeric core enzyme, which is composed of a catalytic subunit and a constant regulatory subunit, which associates with a variety of regulatory subunits. The B regulatory subunit might modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity. The PPP2R2A gene encodes an alpha isoform of the regulatory subunit B55 subfamily. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described (provided by RefSeq, Apr 2010).
Rabbit anti Human PPP2R2A antibody detects a band of 52 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PPP2R2A detects a band of approximately 52 kDa in HeLa cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 126-160 of human PPP2R2A
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000159 protein phosphatase type 2A complex
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004722 protein serine/threonine phosphatase activity
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0006470 protein dephosphorylation
- GO:0008601 protein phosphatase type 2A regulator activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PPP2R2A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|