PITP Alpha antibody
The PITP alpha gene encodes a member of a family of lipid-binding proteins that transfer molecules of phosphatidylinositol or phosphatidylcholine between membrane surfaces. The protein is implicated in phospholipase C signaling and in the production of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PIP3) by phosphoinositide-3-kinase (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2009).
Rabbit anti Human PITP alpha antibody detects a band of 32 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PITP alpha detects a band of approximately 32 kDa in HEK293 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3), 1% Bovine Serum Albumin.
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 243-270 of human PITP alpha
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006629 lipid metabolic process
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0007601 visual perception
- GO:0008525 phosphatidylcholine transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0008526 phosphatidylinositol transporter activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PITP Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|