p62 (pThr269/pSer272) antibody
p62 plays an important role in bone remodeling, regulating this process through its role in a chemical signaling pathway that promotes the formation of osteoclasts. p62 may be involved autophagy (Zhang et al. 2016), the self-destruction of cells (apoptosis), and the body's immune responses and inflammatory reactions.
p62 is an integral component of inclusions in brains of various neurodegenerative disorders, including Alzheimer disease (AD) neurofibrillary tangles (NFTs) and Lewy bodies in Parkinson disease (Kurosawa et al. 2016). p62 plays an important role in the protection of cells from the toxicity of misfolded proteins by enhancing aggregate formation especially in the later stages(Wang et al. 2014).
p62 is overexpressed in many human cancers and is induced during cell transformation. cdk1 phosphorylates p62 in vitro and in vivo at T269 and S272, which is necessary for the maintenance of appropriate cyclin B1 levels and the levels of cdk1 activity necessary to allow cells to properly enter and exit mitosis (Linares et al. 2011). The lack of cdk1-mediated phosphorylation of p62 leads to a faster exit from mitosis, translating into enhanced cell proliferation and tumorigenesis in response to Ras-induced transformation.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Primate Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to p62 (pThr269/pSer272) was raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephospho-peptide affinity columns
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Thr269/Ser272 region of human p62
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0035556 intracellular signal transduction
- GO:0008104 protein localization
- GO:0005080 protein kinase C binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005770 late endosome
- GO:0006511 ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0030971 receptor tyrosine kinase binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008624 induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
- GO:0016197 endosome transport
- GO:0016236 macroautophagy
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- GO:0042169 SH2 domain binding
- GO:0043122 regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043130 ubiquitin binding
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of p62 (pThr269/pSer272) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti Human p62 (pThr269/pSer272) detects a band of approximately 62 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra