Rabbit anti Human MyD88 antibody recognizes human MyD88, an adaptor molecule involved in the interleukin-1 (IL-1) signaling pathway. MyD88 is also considered to be a general adaptor/regulator protein of the Toll/IL-R1 receptor family.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human MyD88 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 279-296 of MyD88.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
transmembrane receptor activity
death receptor binding
Toll signaling pathway
intrinsic to membrane
positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
positive regulation of interleukin-23 production
positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
innate immune response
nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
regulation of inflammatory response
response to interleukin-1
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MyD88 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Medzhitov, R. et al. (1998) MyD88 is an adaptor protein in the hToll/IL-1 receptor family signaling pathways.
Mol. Cell. 2: 253-8.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra