Rabbit anti Human muscarinic receptor M3 antibody
detects the muscarinic receptor M3, a G protein-coupled receptor for acetylcholine which is expressed in smooth muscle and glandular tissues. The M3 subtype is coupled to other G proteins known as Go
which activate phospholipase C leading to an increase in intracellular Ca2+
. The M3 muscarinic receptor controls smooth muscle contraction in blood vessels and lungs as well as in the gastrointestinal tract. It is also located in many glands, and its activation helps to stimulate secretion.
Mutations in the CHRM gene can lead to the development of Prune Belly Syndrome (PBS
), a condition characterized by weak abdominal musculature, lax overlying skin, cryptorchism and urinary tract abnormalities (Weber et al. 2011
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human muscarinic receptor M3 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the 3rd cytoplasmic domain of human muscarinic receptor M3, conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
phosphatidylinositol phospholipase C activity
muscarinic acetylcholine receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
energy reserve metabolic process
protein modification process
nervous system development
regulation of insulin secretion
basolateral plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Muscarinic Receptor M3 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Brain, cortex.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available