Rabbit anti Human MAP1LC3A/B (N-Terminal) antibody specifically recognizes an epitope within the N-Terminal (NT) region of both MAP1LC3A (Microtubule-associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3A/LC3A) and MAP1LC3B (Microtubule-associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3B/LC3B), ubiquitin-like proteins and members of the MAP1LC3 family, which are widely used as reliable markers for the monitoring of autophagy.
LC3-I is the cytosolic form of LC3, which is converted into the active, membrane-bound form LC3-II, during the autophagy process. Tracking the level of conversion of LC3-I to LC3-II provides an indicator of autophagic activity, and levels of LC3-II in particular, correlate with the extent of autophagosome formation, due to its association with the autophagosome membrane.
Rabbit anti Human MAP1LC3A/B (N-Terminal) antibody recognizes both the LC3-I and LC3-II forms of MAP1LC3A and MAP1LC3B.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human LC3A was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide sequence PSDRPFKQRRSFADC from the N-Terminal region of LC3A (NP_115903.1; NP_852610.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
autophagic vacuole assembly
autophagic vacuole membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MAP1LC3A/B antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP2167 detects a band of approximately 14-15kDa corresponding to LC3-II, and a band of approximately 17kDa corresponding to LC3-I, in HeLa cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for MAP1LC3A/B antibody
Iwata, A. et al. (2005) HDAC6 and microtubules are required for autophagic degradation of aggregated huntingtin.
J Biol Chem. 280 (48): 40282-92.
Riley, B.E. et al. (2010) Ubiquitin accumulation in autophagy-deficient mice is dependent on the Nrf2-mediated stress response pathway: a potential role for protein aggregation in autophagic substrate selection.
J Cell Biol. 191 (3): 537-52.
Gjyshi, O. et al. (2015) Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Induces Nrf2 Activation in Latently Infected Endothelial Cells through SQSTM1 Phosphorylation and Interaction with Polyubiquitinated Keap1.
J Virol. 89: 2268-86
Huang, L. et al. (2014) AKI after conditional and kidney-specific knockdown of stanniocalcin-1.
J Am Soc Nephrol. 25: 2303-15.
Girard, B.J. et al. (2015) Cytoplasmic PELP1 and ERRgamma Protect Human Mammary Epithelial Cells from Tam-Induced Cell Death.
PLoS One. 10 (3): e0121206.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra