Rabbit anti Human Leptin antibody recognizes human leptin, a ~16 KDa major adipose-derived hormone and member of the leptin family, which plays a key role in appetite control and the regulation of energy expenditure.
Secreted leptin associates with proteins within the bloodstream and is transported to the brain, where it inhibits or up-regulates the activity of neuropeptides such as neuropeptide Y (NPY) and alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone respectively. Leptin is a recognised marker of obesity, with a correlation between circulating levels of leptin and body fat mass, and defects in leptin production result in severe obesity. Regulators of leptin expression include insulin, cortisol, cAMP and thiazolidinediones.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human leptin was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant human leptin (PHP198)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
energy reserve metabolic process
adult feeding behavior
negative regulation of appetite
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Leptin antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This purified human leptin antibody may be used in an ELISA with recombinant human leptin (PHP198) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- This purified human leptin antibody may be used in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human leptin (PHP198) as the positive control.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available