Lamin B1 antibody
The nuclear lamina consists of a two-dimensional matrix of proteins located next to the inner nuclear membrane. The lamin family of proteins make up the matrix and are highly conserved in evolution. During mitosis, the lamina matrix is reversibly disassembled as the lamin proteins are phosphorylated. Lamin proteins are thought to be involved in nuclear stability, chromatin structure and gene expression. Vertebrate lamins consist of two types, A and B. Encoded by LMNB1, lamin B1 represents one of the two B type proteins. Alternative splicing results in transcript variants and a duplication of LMNB1 is associated with autosomal dominant adult-onset leukodystrophy (ADLD) (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2010).
The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti lamin B1 detects a band of approximately 74 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-DVKVILKNSQGE, from the internal region of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005637 nuclear inner membrane
- GO:0005638 lamin filament
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Lamin B1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra