Rabbit anti Human IRF7 antibody detects human interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF7), a ~54 kDa transcriptional activator of type I interferons (IFNalpha/beta) in response to local and systemic viral infection. IRF7 is mostly expressed by plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDC), which differentiate in response to IFNs and virus infection. This then stabilizes the IRF7 protein, in turn leading to increased IFN production.
Multiple IRF7 transcript variants have been identified, although their individual functions have not yet been established.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IRF7 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 14 amino acid peptide sequence near the centre of human IRF7.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
specific RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
response to virus
Toll signaling pathway
toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
interspecies interaction between organisms
innate immune response
interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IRF7 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1179 detects a band of approximately 51kDa in 293 whole cell lysate.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra