Rabbit anti Human interleukin-32 antibody recognises IL-32, a ~26 kDa cytokine, thought to play a role in innate and adaptive immune responses. IL-32 is produced by mitogen-activated lymphocytes, interferon-gamma activated epithelial cells and IL-12, IL-18, IL-32-activated NK cells. It is expressed at elevated levels after the activation of T-cells by mitogens or the activation of NK cells by IL-2. IL-32 activates NF-kappa-B and p38 MAPK cytokine signal pathways. TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-6 and 2 C-X-C chemokine family members, all involved in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis are induced by IL-32.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antisera to human IL-32 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- A 16 amino acid peptide located near the centre of human IL-32.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-32 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1206 detects a band/s of approximately 26kDa in jurkat cell lysate.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Conti, P. (2007) Modulation of autoimmunity by the latest interleukins (with special emphasis on IL-32).
Autoimmun Rev. 6:131-7.
Chen, Q. (2006) The newest interleukins: recent additions to the ever-growing cytokine family.
Vitam Horm. 74:207-28.
Kim, S. (2005) Interleukin-32: a cytokine and inducer of TNFalpha.
Cagnard, N. (2005) Interleukin-32, CCL2, PF4F1 and GFD10 are the only cytokine/chemokine genes differentially expressed by in vitro cultured rheumatoid and osteoarthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes.
Eur Cytokine Netw. 16:289-92.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra