Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-16 antibody recognizes human IL-16 (Interleukin-16), originally known as leucocyte chemoattractant factor (LCF), an immunomodulatory cytokine which induces the chemotaxis of CD4 expressing T cells, eosinophils and monocytes and is produced constitutively by T cells, eosinophils, dendritic cells, fibroblasts and neuronal cells.
The biologically active form of IL-16 is generated by enzymatic cleavage of the IL-16 precursor (pro-IL16), producing a peptide corresponding to the 121 amino acid C-Terminal portion. Further properties attributed to IL-16 include the induction of MHC class II and IL-2 receptor (IL-2R) expression, and several studies have indicated a role for IL-16 in inflammatory processes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IL-16 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by antigen affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human IL-16.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interspecies interaction between organisms
regulation of transcription
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-16 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- For functional studies do not add Azide.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra