Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-16 antibody recognizes human IL-16 (Interleukin-16), originally known as leucocyte chemoattractant factor (LCF), an immunomodulatory cytokine which induces the chemotaxis of CD4 expressing T cells, eosinophils and monocytes and is produced constitutively by T cells, eosinophils, dendritic cells, fibroblasts and neuronal cells.
The biologically active form of IL-16 is generated by enzymatic cleavage of the IL-16 precursor (pro-IL16), producing a peptide corresponding to the 121 amino acid C-Terminal portion. Further properties attributed to IL-16 include the induction of MHC class II and IL-2 receptor (IL-2R) expression, and several studies have indicated a role for IL-16 in inflammatory processes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IL-16 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by antigen affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human IL-16.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interspecies interaction between organisms
regulation of transcription
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-16 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- For functional studies do not add Azide.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available