Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-1 alpha antibody recognizes human IL-1 alpha (Interleukin-1 alpha), an 18kDa multi-functional pro-inflammatory cytokine which belongs to the IL-1 family of proteins, and is produced by a variety of cells including activated macrophages, monocytes and keratinocytes.
IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta have been identified as two distinct IL-1 proteins which bind to the same type 1 Interleukin 1 receptor (IL1R1). Biological properties of IL-1 alpha include stimulation of thymocyte proliferation by induction of IL-2 release, B-cell proliferation and maturation, and fibroblast growth factor activity.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB: For functional studies do not add azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IL-1 alpha were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant human IL-1alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-1 receptor binding
copper ion binding
negative regulation of cell proliferation
positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
cytokine-mediated signaling pathway
cellular response to heat
positive regulation of interleukin-2 biosynthetic process
response to copper ion
positive regulation of angiogenesis
positive regulation of mitosis
positive regulation of cytokine secretion
positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-1 Alpha antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires enzyme mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining of parrafin sections. Proteinase K is recomended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for IL-1 Alpha antibody
Gubler, U. et al. (1986) Recombinant human interleukin 1 alpha: purification and biological characterization.
J Immunol. 136 (7): 2492-7.
Kilian, P.L. et al. (1986) Interleukin 1 alpha and interleukin 1 beta bind to the same receptor on T cells.
J Immunol. 136 (12): 4509-14.
Henry CM et al. (2016) Neutrophil-Derived Proteases Escalate Inflammation through Activation of IL-36 Family Cytokines.
Cell Rep. 14 (4): 708-22.