Rabbit anti Human interferon beta antibody recognizes interferon beta (IFN-beta), a 22 kDa member of the type I alpha/beta interferon family. IFN beta, initially described as fibroblast interferon, is produced predominantly by fibroblasts and some epithelial cells. Type 1 interferons are produced primarily in response to viral infections as part of the host immune response and can also inhibit the development of tumors. IFN-beta is involved in the regulation of non-specific humoral immune responses and responses against viral infections.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IFN Beta were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- A 17 amino acid peptide located near the centre of human IFN Beta.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
transcription corepressor activity
interferon-alpha/beta receptor binding
induction of apoptosis
activation of caspase activity
negative regulation of cell proliferation
positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
natural killer cell activation
negative regulation of viral transcription
B cell proliferation
negative regulation of viral genome replication
positive regulation of innate immune response
regulation of MHC class I biosynthetic process
negative regulation of virion penetration into host cell
defense response to virus
type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
cellular response to exogenous dsRNA
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IFN Beta antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1435 detects a band of approximately 15kDa in A20 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra