hnRNP H1 antibody
Encoded by the HNRNPH1 gene, hnRNP H1 is a member of a subfamily of ubiquitously expressed heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins (hn RNPs). The hn RNPs are RNA binding proteins that complex with heterogeneous nuclear RNA. These proteins are associated with pre-mRNAs in the nucleus and appear to influence pre-mRNA processing and other aspects of mRNA metabolism and transport. While all of the hnRNPs are present in the nucleus, some may shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. The hnRNP proteins have distinct nucleic acid binding properties. The protein encoded by the hnRNP H1 gene has three repeats of quasi-RRM domains that bind to RNA and is very similar to the family member HNRPF. HNRNPH1 may be associated with hereditary lymphedema type I. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described (provided by RefSeq, Mar 2012).
Rabbit anti Human hnRNP H1 antibody detects a band of 50 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti hnRNP H1 detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in Raji cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 48-77 of human hnRNP H1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005681 spliceosomal complex
- GO:0008266 poly(U) RNA binding
- GO:0030530 heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0015629 actin cytoskeleton
- GO:0043484 regulation of RNA splicing
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of hnRNP H1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra