Sheep anti Human glucagon antibody recognizes the C terminal of Glucagon, a linear peptide of 29 amino acids. Its primary sequence is highly conserved among vertebrates.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Glucagon amino acids 19-29, prepared by enzymatic cleavage of Porcine glucagon, conjugated with bovine thyroglobulin carrier protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01275 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GCG Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0007631 feeding behavior
- GO:0050796 regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0071377 cellular response to glucagon stimulus
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glucagon antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||1.5 ml||C E F WB|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®549||STAR88D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®649||STAR88D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:FITC||STAR88F||1 mg||C|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Product Specific References
References for Glucagon antibody
Figueroa, D.J. et al. (2000) Expression of the type I diabetes-associated gene LRP5 in macrophages, vitamin A system cells, and the Islets of Langerhans suggests multiple potential roles in diabetes.
J Histochem Cytochem. 48 (10): 1357-68.