GLI-3 and the related GLI-2 proteins are the primary transcription factors that mediate Sonic hedgehog (Shh) signals in the mouse, GLI-2 being primarily a transcriptional activator while GLI-3 is a transcriptional repressor. GLI-3 plays a role in the development of the limbs and brain. It is expressed in a wide range of adult tissues including the colon, lung, spleen, testis and placenta.
Defects in GLI3 are causative of a range of disease states including Pallister-Hall syndrome, type IV preaxial polydactyly, acrocallosal syndrome (ACS) and Greig cephalo-poly-syndactyly syndrome. GLI proteins are also implicated as potent oncogenes in the embryonal carcinoma cell.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Chicken Rat Amphibia Dog Monkey Mouse Chimpanzee Quail
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human GLI3 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid sequence 41-57 of human Gli3 protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0005929 cilium
- GO:0008013 beta-catenin binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0035035 histone acetyltransferase binding
- GO:0042826 histone deacetylase binding
- GO:0045060 negative thymic T cell selection
- GO:0045879 negative regulation of smoothened signaling pathway
- GO:0046638 positive regulation of alpha-beta T cell differentiation
- GO:0046639 negative regulation of alpha-beta T cell differentiation
- GO:0070242 thymocyte apoptosis
- GO:0090090 negative regulation of canonical Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of GLI3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1.25ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain, glioblastoma
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|