Rabbit anti GATA3 antibody
recognizes GATA3, also known as Trans-acting T-cell-specific transcription factor GATA-3 or GATA-binding factor 3. The protein is a member of the GATA family of transcription factors, which has received its name from binding DNA sequences containing the GATA consensus motif 5'-[AT]GATA[AG]-3' (uniprot P15976
GATA3 has been shown to play a critical role in T cell development and the differentiation of T helper 2 (Th2) cells (Ho et al.1991
). In addition, GATA3 has been implied to have tissue specific functions such as a regulatory role in the development of the mammary gland epithelium and skin tissue (Chou et al. 2010
Aberrant GATA3 levels have been identified in a variety of cancers including breast cancer. Indeed, GATA3 has become a marker for certain breast cancer types and GATA3 antibodies are commonly used for the immunohistochemical evaluation of breast cancer samples (Krings et al. 2014
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to GATA3 was raised by repeated immunization of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.05% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1 mg/ml Bovine Serum Albumin
- Purified partial recombinant GATA3 protein expressed in E. coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
anatomical structure morphogenesis
transcription factor binding
zinc ion binding
sequence-specific DNA binding
response to estrogen stimulus
HMG box domain binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of GATA3 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This antibody requires heat-mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining. Bio-Rad recommend citrate buffer pH6.0 for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti GATA3 antibody recognizes a band of approximately 55 kDa in SH-SY5Y cell lysate and SH-SY5Y nuclear extract
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available