Rabbit anti GATA3 antibody
recognizes GATA3, also known as Trans-acting T-cell-specific transcription factor GATA-3 or GATA-binding factor 3. The protein is a member of the GATA family of transcription factors, which has received its name from binding DNA sequences containing the GATA consensus motif 5'-[AT]GATA[AG]-3' (uniprot P15976
GATA3 has been shown to play a critical role in T cell development and the differentiation of T helper 2 (Th2) cells (Ho et al.1991
). In addition, GATA3 has been implied to have tissue specific functions such as a regulatory role in the development of the mammary gland epithelium and skin tissue (Chou et al. 2010
Aberrant GATA3 levels have been identified in a variety of cancers including breast cancer. Indeed, GATA3 has become a marker for certain breast cancer types and GATA3 antibodies are commonly used for the immunohistochemical evaluation of breast cancer samples (Krings et al. 2014
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to GATA3 was raised by repeated immunization of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.05% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1 mg/ml Bovine Serum Albumin
- Purified partial recombinant GATA3 protein expressed in E. coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
anatomical structure morphogenesis
transcription factor binding
zinc ion binding
sequence-specific DNA binding
response to estrogen stimulus
HMG box domain binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of GATA3 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This antibody requires heat-mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining. Bio-Rad recommend citrate buffer pH6.0 for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti GATA3 antibody recognizes a band of approximately 55 kDa in SH-SY5Y cell lysate and SH-SY5Y nuclear extract
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra