Gal-1 has been implicated in several major cellular functions including proliferation, motility, hematopoietic cell differentiation, apoptosis promotion and immunoregulatory effects. The expression of gal-1 by neuronal and glial cells correlates with neuroregeneration following injury, and studies have shown the importance of gal-1 to primary sensory neurons and synaptic connections in the spinal cord, during embryonic development.
Rabbit anti Human galectin-1 antibody detects gal-1 as a single band of 13 kDa in a range of human cell line lysates. Cross reactivity with rodent cell lines is also observed.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti galectin-1 detects a band of approximately 13 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E.coli derived recombinant human galectin-1.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016936 galactoside binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Galectin-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra