DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Rabbit anti DNA Methyltransferase 1
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
- DNA Methyltransferase 1
|Rabbit anti Human DNA methyltransferase 1 antibody recognizes human DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferase 1, also known as DNMT1, CXXC-type zinc finger protein 9, MCMT or DNA methyltransferase HsaI. DNA methyltransferase 1 is a 1616 amino acid member of the C5-methyltransferase family, bearing 2 BAH domains and single CXXC-type zinc finger, DMAP-interaction and SAM-dependent MTase C5-type domains. The epitope recognized by Rabbit anti Human DNA methyltransferase 1 antibody maps to a region between residues 700 and 750 of human DNMT1.
DNMT1 is a nuclear enzyme with a major role in the maintenance of DNA methylation patterns after replication (Song et al. 2012). DNA methylation is significant for epigenetic regulation of gene expression, X chromosome inactivation, genomic imprinting, and development (Lee et al. 2001). Overexpression of DNMT1 has been detected in several human cancers (Robertson et al. 1999).
Rabbit anti Human DNA methyltransferase 1 antibody recognizes human DNA methyltransferase 1 as a band of ~180 kDa in multiple human cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody detects a band of approximately 180 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS-citrate/Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within human DNMT1 encoded within exon 25
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003886 DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0010216 maintenance of DNA methylation
- GO:0010628 positive regulation of gene expression
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0051571 positive regulation of histone H3-K4 methylation
- GO:0051573 negative regulation of histone H3-K9 methylation
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up