DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody
Rabbit anti DNA Methyltransferase 1
DNA methyltransferase 1 antibody recognizes DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 1 , also known as Dnmt1, CXXC-type zinc finger protein 9, DNA methyltransferase HsaI, DNA MTase HsaI or M.HsaI MCMT. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
DNMT1 is a nuclear enzyme with a major role in the maintenance of DNA methylation patterns after replication (Song et al. 2012). DNA methylation is significant for epigenetic regulation of gene expression, X chromosome inactivation, genomic imprinting, and development (Lee et al. 2001). Overexpression of DNMT1 has been detected in several human cancers (Robertson et al. 1999).
Rabbit anti Human DNA methyltransferase 1 antibody recognizes human DNA methyltransferase 1 as a band of ~180 kDa in multiple human cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody detects a band of approximately 180 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS-citrate/Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within human DNMT1 encoded within exon 25
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P26358 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DNMT1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003886 DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0010216 maintenance of DNA methylation
- GO:0010628 positive regulation of gene expression
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- GO:0051571 positive regulation of histone H3-K4 methylation
- GO:0051573 negative regulation of histone H3-K9 methylation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.