DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody
DNMT1 is a nuclear enzyme with a major role in the maintenance of DNA methylation patterns after replication (Song et al. 2012). DNA methylation is significant for epigenetic regulation of gene expression, X chromosome inactivation, genomic imprinting, and development (Lee et al. 2001). Overexpression of DNMT1 has been detected in several human cancers (Robertson et al. 1999).
Rabbit anti Human DNA methyltransferase 1 antibody recognizes human DNA methyltransferase 1 as a band of ~180 kDa in multiple human cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody detects a band of approximately 180 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS-citrate/Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within human DNMT1 encoded within exon 25
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003886 DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0010216 maintenance of DNA methylation
- GO:0010628 positive regulation of gene expression
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- GO:0051571 positive regulation of histone H3-K4 methylation
- GO:0051573 negative regulation of histone H3-K9 methylation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra