Rabbit anti DISC1 antibody recognizes disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1), ~93 kDa protein located in the nucleus, cytoplasm and mitochondria. The DISC1 protein is widely expressed in normal tissues. It is involved in neurite outgrowth and cortical development through its interaction with a variety of proteins including lissencephaly-1 (LIS1), NudeE-like (NUDEL) and phosphodiesterase 4B.
In certain cases of schizophrenia the DISC1 gene has been found to be disrupted by a t(1;11) (q42.1;q14.3) translocation, and studies suggest that DISC1 could be a candidate susceptibility gene for this condition.
Rabbit anti DISC1 antibody has been found suitable for immunocytochemistry (ICC) at a concentration of 5μg/ml.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antisera to human DISC1 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- An 18 amino acid peptide located near the centre of human DISC1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of DISC1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1446 detects bands of approximately 95-100kDa in SK-N-SH cell lysate.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for DISC1 antibody
Mühlhans J et al. (2011) The centrosomal protein pericentrin identified at the basal body complex of the connecting cilium in mouse photoreceptors.
PLoS One. 6 (10): e26496.
Taya, S. et al. (2007) DISC1 regulates the transport of the NUDEL/LIS1/14-3-3epsilon complex through kinesin-1.
J Neurosci. 27 (1): 15-26.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra