Rabbit anti cytochrome P450 1B1 antibody
recognizes cytochrome P450 1B1, also known as CYPIB1. It is a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily of enzymes. It catalyses the hydroxylation of 17-β-oestradiol at the C4 position (Jefcoate et al. 2000
, Potter et al. 2002
). A number of Cytochrome P450 1B1 mutations are associated with primary congenital glaucoma (Rauf et al. 2016
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to cytochrome P450 1B1 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 1-260 of human cytochrome P450 1B1
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
electron carrier activity
endoplasmic reticulum membrane
xenobiotic metabolic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Cytochrome P450 1B1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti cytochrome P450 1B1 antibody detects a band of approximately 62 kDa in various cell and tissue lysates under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available