Rabbit anti Human CX3CR1 antibody recognizes the N-terminal region of Human CX3CR1, a 40.4 kDa seven trans-membrane protein.
CX3CR1, also known as fractalkine receptor, is the receptor for CX3CL1 and acts as a co-receptor with CD4 for the HIV-1 envelope protein. It is expressed in a variety of human tissues and mediates leucocyte adhesion and migration.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human CX3CR1 (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to amino acids 2-21 of human CX3CR1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
chemokine receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
cellular defense response
response to wounding
interspecies interaction between organisms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CX3CR1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human heart
- Western Blotting
- AHP1589 detects a band of approximately 50kDa in human spleen cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for CX3CR1 antibody
Viladomiu, M. et al. (2017) Cooperation of Gastric Mononuclear Phagocytes with Helicobacter pylori during Colonization.
J Immunol. 198 (8): 3195-204.
Lorenzini, I. et al. (2020) Activated iPSC-microglia from C9orf72 ALS/FTD patients exhibit endosomal-lysosomal dysfunction
bioRxiv 2020.09.03.277459. 03 Sep [Epub ahead of print].
Combadiere, C. et al. (1995) Cloning, chromosomal localization, and RNA expression of a human beta chemokine receptor-like gene.
DNA Cell Biol. 14 (8): 673-80.
Combadiere, C. et al. (1998) Gene cloning, RNA distribution, and functional expression of mCX3CR1, a mouse chemotactic receptor for the CX3C chemokine fractalkine.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 253 (3): 728-32.
Combadiere, C. et al. (1998) Identification of CX3CR1. A chemotactic receptor for the human CX3C chemokine fractalkine and a fusion coreceptor for HIV-1.
J Biol Chem. 273 (37): 23799-804.
Raport, C.J. et al. (1995) The orphan G-protein-coupled receptor-encoding gene V28 is closely related to genes for chemokine receptors and is expressed in lymphoid and neural tissues.
Gene. 163 (2): 295-9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra