Rabbit anti Human CDw198 antibody recognizes the chemokine receptor CCR8, also known as CDw198, which has been identified as a co-receptor for HIV infection. CCR8 is a receptor for the human chemokine 1-309 which is expressed on spleen, thymus and T lymphoblastic cell lines. Rabbit anti Human CDw198 antibody (AHP567) detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in western blotting.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CDw198 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids 183 to 201 of human CDw198 (CCR8).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CDw198 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Goya, I. et al. (1998) Identification of CCR8 as the specific receptor for the human beta-chemokine I-309: cloning and molecular characterization of murine CCR8 as the receptor for TCA-3.
J Immunol. 160 (4): 1975-81.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra