Rabbit anti Human CD261 antibody recognizes the ~57 kDa apoptosis related protein designated Death receptor 4, also known as CD261 or DR4. CD261 is a cell surface protein with a death domain that has functional similarities to TNFR1 and CD95. The ligand for DR-4 is TRAIL, and thus CD261 has also been called TRAIL-RI. DR4 is expressed in most human tissues. In contrast to CD95, TNFR1 and DR3 it does not use FADD to transmit death signals.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CD261 (DR4) were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Peptide from N-terminus of human CD261 (DR4)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
death receptor activity
activation of caspase activity
activation of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase activity
transcription factor binding
induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
caspase activator activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD261 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Pan, G. et al. (1997) The receptor for the cytotoxic ligand TRAIL.
Science. 276 (5309): 111-3.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra