Rabbit anti Human CD256 antibody recognizes Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 13, also known as CD256, A proliferation-inducing ligand, APRIL, TNF- and APOL-related leukocyte expressed ligand 2 or TNF-related death ligand 1.
CD256 is a member of the tumour necrosis factor family, expressed in B cells and several tumour cells. The protein is involved in stimulating B and T cell proliferation, triggering humoral immune responses, activating NF-kappaB and inducing cell death. CD256 is thought to play a role in autoimmune diseases and cancer.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CD256 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 196 to 210 of human CD256.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
positive regulation of cell proliferation
mRNA metabolic process
positive regulation of isotype switching to IgA isotypes
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD256 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP953 detects a band approximately 27kD in Jurkat cell lysates
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available