Rabbit anti Human CD107b antibody recognizes CD107b, also known as LAMP-2, a single-pass type I membrane protein belonging to the LAMP family. CD107b is a transmembrane glycoprotein that is associated with lysosomal membranes and is primarily expressed on mononuclear phagocytes. Expression of CD107b varies between cell populations and the molecular weight of CD107b can vary between 92-120 kDa. Rabbit anti Human CD107b antibody recognizes a band migrating at ~115 kDa in SDS page. Studies suggest that CD107b may be involved in a range of cellular processes including leukocyte adhesion, protection of the lysosomal membrane from autodigestion, maintenance of the acidic environment of the lysosome along with inter- and intracellular signal transduction. CD107b has also been implicated in tumour metastasis.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human CD107b was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to an 17 amino acid sequence from near the carboxyl terminus of human CD107b.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
platelet dense granule membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD107b antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- HepG2 cells
- Western Blotting
- AHP1634 detects a band of approximately 115kDa in HepG2 cell lysate.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available