Rabbit anti caspase-9 p10 antibody
recognizes caspase-9, a member of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease family. The active form of caspase-9 is generated by cleavage of the pro-caspase-9 protein into fragments, known as the large and small fragments. The trigger for caspase-9 cleavage is the formation of the apoptosome (comprising of cytochrome c, APAF-1, dATP and pro-caspase-9), upon stimulation of the intrinsic apoptosis pathway.
The rabbit anti caspase-9 antibody was raised against an internal peptide that is present in one of the small fragments (p10) generated in the pro-caspase-9 cleavage process at Asp330 (Zou et al. 2002
). The antibody will therefore detect pro-caspase-9 (as the motif is present) and the p10 caspase-9 fragment. The antibody can therefore be used to distinguish the p10 caspase-9 fragment from other pro-caspase-9 cleavage products.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to caspase-9 p10 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide mapping to an internal region of human caspase-9 p10 subunit
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
enzyme activator activity
induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
activation of caspase activity by cytochrome c
nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Caspase-9 p10 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti caspase-9 p10 recognizes a band of approximately 47 kDa when run under reducing conditions without induction of apoptosis
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available