Rabbit anti caspase-4 (N-terminal) antibody recognizes an epitope within the N-terminal region (NT) of Caspase-4, otherwise known as ICH-2. Caspase-4, a member of the Caspase-1 subfamily of cysteine proteases, exists as an inactive pro-enzyme which undergoes proteolytic cleavage of its p30 precursor form, into smaller p20 and p10 subunits.
The cellular localization of Caspase-4 on the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) membrane, has resulted in this protein becoming a focus of studies in which dysfunction or stress to the ER membrane is implicated, such as Alzheimer’s disease and Ischemia and confirms the involvement of Caspase-4 as an instigator of cellular apoptosis.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antisera to human Caspase-4 (NT) were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- A 16 amino acid peptide from human Caspase-4 amino terminus.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
induction of apoptosis
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Caspase-4 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- *This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin embedded sections e.g. trypsin or pronase prior to staining. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Spleen tissue.
- Western Blotting
- AHP964 detects a band of approximately 34 kDa in Ramos cell lysates.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Caspase-4 antibody
Katayama, T. et al. (2004) Induction of neuronal death by ER stress in Alzheimer's disease.
J Chem Neuroanat. 28 (1-2): 67-78.
Kamens, J. et al. (1995) Identification and characterization of ICH-2, a novel member of the interleukin-1 beta-converting enzyme family of cysteine proteases.
J Biol Chem. 270 (25): 15250-6.
Cohen, G.M. (1997) Caspases: the executioners of apoptosis.
Biochem J. 326 ( Pt 1): 1-16.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra