Rabbit anti Human Carabin antibody recognizes the N-terminal region of human Carabin, also known as TBC1 domain family member 10C (TBC1D10C), a 50 kDa protein belonging to the TBC1 domain family of proteins.
Carabin differs from other members of the TBC1 domain protein family, which appear to play a role in the regulation of cell growth and differentiation. Studies demonstrate that Carabin is part of a negative regulatory loop for the intracellular TCR signaling pathway and acts as an inhibitor of the Ras signaling pathway. Carabin is also believed to mediate crosstalk between calcineurin and Ras.
Carabin is most abundantly expressed in spleen and peripheral blood leucocytes. Rabbit anti Human Carabin antibody
(AHP1486) does not cross react with either TBC1D10A or TBC1D10B.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human Carabin was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A 17 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human Carabin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
Rab GTPase activator activity
regulation of Rab GTPase activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Carabin antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1486 detects a band of approximately 55kDa in human spleen tissue cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Pan, F. et al. (2007) Feedback inhibition of calcineurin and Ras by a dual inhibitory protein Carabin.
Nature. 445 (7126): 433-6.
Weil, R. & Israël, A. (2006) Deciphering the pathway from the TCR to NF-kappaB.
Cell Death Differ. 13 (5): 826-33.
Im, S.H. & Rao, A. (2004) Activation and deactivation of gene expression by Ca2+/calcineurin-NFAT-mediated signaling.
Mol Cells. 18 (1): 1-9.
White, R.A. et al. (2000) The gene encoding TBC1D1 with homology to the tre-2/USP6 oncogene, BUB2, and cdc16 maps to mouse chromosome 5 and human chromosome 4.
Cytogenet Cell Genet. 89 (3-4): 272-5.