Sheep anti Human C-Reactive Protein antibody detects human C-reactive protein (CRP), a calcium-binding plasma protein which is significantly up-regulated during the acute phase response. CRP has been shown to bind phosphocholine residues, apoptotic cells and constituents of micro-organisms, and can lead to activation of leukocytes and the complement system, and the clearance of apoptotic cells.
CRP is produced in the liver in response to interleukin-1 (IL-1) and IL-6 secretion, and has a monomer molar mass of 25 kDa, and native cyclic pentamer mass of 125 kDa.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CRP were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Native c-reactive protein, from serum
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
metal ion binding
negative regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
negative regulation of lipid storage
low-density lipoprotein particle binding
Gram-positive bacterial cell surface binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of C-Reactive Protein antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra