Rabbit anti Human Bcl-xL antibody recognizes the long isoform of human Bcl-2-like protein 1, otherwise known as Bcl-xL, located on the mitochondrial membrane. The Bcl-xL isoform (the longer isoform) is a potent inhibitor of apoptosis. It appears to regulate cell death by binding to and blocking the voltage-dependent anion channel, thereby preventing the release of the caspase activator cytochrome c. High expression of Bcl-xL in tumours correlates to advanced disease and a poor prognosis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to Bcl-xL was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human Bcl-xL precursor.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
integral to membrane
mitochondrial outer membrane
induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
negative regulation of survival gene product expression
identical protein binding
response to cytokine stimulus
regulation of mitochondrial membrane permeability
regulation of mitochondrial membrane potential
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Bcl-xL antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1722 detects a band of approximately 27kDa in A549 cell lysate
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available