Rabbit anti BAX antibody
recognizes the Bcl-2-associated X protein (BAX) also known as Bcl-2 like protein 4. BAX together with BAK (BCL-2 antagonist or killer), another member of the Bcl-2 family, plays a key role in the intrinsic apoptosis pathway by inducing mitochondrial outer membrane permeabilization (MOMP) (Giansanti and Scovassi 2008
). This event is aided by BID (BH3-interacting domain death agonist), which activates the two proteins and thereby facilitates the formation of homo- or heterodimers. Often in the literature, MOMP is regarded as the point of no return upon which a cell is committed to undergo apoptosis (Chipuk et al. 2006
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to BAX was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide mapping to the amino terminus of human BAX
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of BAX antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti BAX recognizes a band of approximately 23 kDa when run under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for BAX antibody
Olejnik, J. et al. (2013) Ebola virus does not block apoptotic signaling pathways.
J Virol. 87 (10): 5384-96.