Mouse anti Human ATG3 antibody recognises ATG3 (Autophagy-related protein 3), otherwise known as APG3, a widely expressed E2-like enzyme, and member of the ATG3 family, which plays a key role in autophagosome formation, by catalyzing the conjugation of ATG8-like proteins to phosphatidylethanolamine (PE), in conjunction with ATG7.
ATG3 also plays a role in the regulation of mitochondrial homeostasis and cell death, through conjugation with ATG12 at Lys243.
Mouse anti Human ATG3 antibody (AHP2219) has been shown to be suitable for use in immunoprecipitation using rat NRK cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human ATG3 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 17-32 of human ATG3. The corresponding sequence is identical in rat and mouse.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
autophagic vacuole assembly
Atg8 ligase activity
Atg12 ligase activity
mitochondrial fragmentation involved in apoptosis
cytoplasmic ubiquitin ligase complex
protein targeting to membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ATG3 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP2219 detects a band of approximately 36kDa in HeLa and mouse 3T3 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available