Rabbit anti Apaf1 antibody recognizesApaf1 (Apoptosis protease activating factor 1), the mammalian homologue of the CED-4 cell death protein in C. Elegans. Apaf1 binds to cytochrome C and caspase-9 leading to caspase-9 activation, resulting in the beginning of the proteolytic cascade characteristic of apoptosis. Apaf1 can also associate with caspase-4 and caspase-8. Rabbit anti Apaf1 antibody (AHP487) recognizes a ~130 kDa band in western blots.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Apaf-1 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 12-28 of human Apaf1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of APAF1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Zou, H. et al. (1997) Apaf-1, a human protein homologous to C. elegans CED-4, participates in cytochrome c-dependent activation of caspase-3.
Cell. 90 (3): 405-13.
Cecconi, F. et al. (1998) Apaf1 (CED-4 homolog) regulates programmed cell death in mammalian development.
Cell. 94 (6): 727-37.
Hu, Y. et al. (1998) Bcl-XL interacts with Apaf-1 and inhibits Apaf-1-dependent caspase-9 activation.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 95 (8): 4386-91.