Sheep anti Human alpha 1 microglobulin antibody recognizes human alpha 1 microglobulin. Sheep anti Human alpha 1 microglobulin antibody does not demonstrate any cross reactivity with urine albumin, retinol binding protein or beta-2 microglobulin in performed testing.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human alpha-1-microglubulin were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)>
- Highly pure human alpha-1-microglobulin, prepared from the urine of patients with chronic renal proteinuria, molecular weight 25-30 kDa.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
calcium channel inhibitor activity
heme catabolic process
protein homodimerization activity
interspecies interaction between organisms
negative regulation of JNK cascade
calcium oxalate binding
negative regulation of immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Alpha 1 Microglobulin antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Excessive excretion of this protein has been known to indicate abnormalities of the renal tubules.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra