Rabbit anti Human AIF antibody
recognizes human Apoptosis-inducing factor 1, mitochondrial, also known as Programmed cell death protein 8 or apoptosis inducing factor (AIF). AIF is a 613 amino acid member of the FAD-dependent oxidoreductase family.Rabbit anti Human AIF antibody reacts with an internal region of AIF (within the region aa 517-531. AIF is widely expressed in human tissues and localizes in the mitochondria. AIF translocates to the nucleus upon induction of apoptosis. Multiple isoforms of AIF are generated by alternative splicing. Rabbit anti Human AIF antibody recognizes isoforms 1, 2,3 and 5. It is not expected to recognize either isoforms 4 or 6 as they lack the immunogen sequence.
Mutations in the AIFM1 can result in various disease conditions including COXPD6
and Cowchock syndrome
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to AIF were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids 517 - 531 of human AIF.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of AIF antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Susin. S.A. et al. (1999) Molecular characterization of mitochondrial apoptosis - inducing factor.
Nature. 397: 441-6.