Rabbit anti 4EBP1 antibody recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal region (CT) of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E binding protein 1 (4EBP1), a rapamycin-sensitive downstream target of TOR (Target of rapamycin), and regulatory factor of eukaryotic mRNA translation.
The association between 4EPB1 and eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E (eIF-4E) inhibits the binding of eIF-4E with p220, thereby preventing the formation of a functional eIF-4E complex, essential for mRNA translation. Phosphorylation of 4EBP1 following stimulation by mitogens such as insulin, results in the release of eIF-4E from 4EBP1, thereby enabling the translation complex to assemble.
Rabbit anti 4EBP1 antibody (AHP993) has been reported as suitable for use in IHC on mouse 3T3 cell cytospins.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antisera to human 4EBP1 (CT) were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen.
Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A 14 amino acid peptide located near human 4EBP1 carboxy-terminus.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
insulin receptor signaling pathway
TOR signaling cascade
positive regulation of mitotic cell cycle
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of 4EBP1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP993 detects a band of approximately 20kDa in mouse 3T3 cell lysates. (predicted Mwt. 13kDa).
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Hara, K. et al. (1997) Regulation of eIF-4E BP1 phosphorylation by mTOR.
J Biol Chem. 272 (42): 26457-63.
Haghighat, A. et al. (1995) Repression of cap-dependent translation by 4E-binding protein 1: competition with p220 for binding to eukaryotic initiation factor-4E.
EMBO J. 14 (22): 5701-9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra