Rabbit anti GDNFα antibody
recognizes GDNFR alpha, also known as GFR&alpha-1 (GFRα Nomenclature Committee 1997
), GDNF receptor alpha-1, RET ligand 1 or TGF-beta-related neurotrophic factor receptor 1. GFR&alpha-1 is a 465 amino acid ~52 kDa GPI anchored cell surface receptor for glial cell derived neutrophic factor (GDNF).
GFR&alpha-1 is highly expressed in human gliomas (Wiesenhofer et al. 2000
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human GDNFR alpha were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Peptide from C terminus of human GDNFR alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
anchored to membrane
glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor receptor activity
extrinsic to membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of GDNFR Alpha antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for GDNFR Alpha antibody
Wiesenhofer, B. et al. (2000) Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its receptor (GFR-alpha 1) are strongly expressed in human gliomas.
Acta Neuropathol. 99: 131-7.
Weis, C. et al. (2001) Nerve growth factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor restore the cholinergic neuronal phenotype in organotypic brain slices of the basal nucleus of Meynert.
Neuroscience. 102: 129-38.
Jing, S. et al. (1996) GDNF-induced activation of the ret protein tyrosine kinase is mediated by GDNFR-alpha, a novel receptor for GDNF.
Cell. 85 (7): 1113-24.
Treanor, J.J. et al. (1996) Characterization of a multicomponent receptor for GDNF.
Nature. 382 (6586): 80-3.
(1997) Nomenclature of GPI-linked receptors for the GDNF ligand family. GFR(alpha) Nomenclature Committee.
Neuron 19: 485.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra