Rabbit anti beta-galactosidase polyclonal antibody detects beta-galactosidase, an inducible enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of lactose and other beta-galactosides into monosaccharides.
Beta-galactosidase is a product of the LacZ operon, and is a homo-tetrameric protein consisting of four identical subunits of approximately 116 kDa each. beta-galactosidase is commonly used as a reporter gene in molecular biology to assess the efficiency of transfection.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to beta-galactosidase were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Beta-galactosidase prepared from E. coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- GO Terms
metal ion binding
lactose catabolic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Beta Galactosidase antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1292GA detects a band of approximately 117kDa using E. coli beta-galactosidase.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Beta Galactosidase antibody
Nam, K.T. et al. (2012) Spasmolytic polypeptide-expressing metaplasia (SPEM) in the gastric oxyntic mucosa does not arise from Lgr5-expressing cells.
Gut. 61 (12): 1678-85.
Wende, C.Z. et al. (2015) Hairy/Enhancer-of-Split MEGANE and Proneural MASH1 Factors Cooperate Synergistically in Midbrain GABAergic Neurogenesis.
PLoS One. 10 (5): e0127681.
Matthews, B.W. (2005) The structure of E. coli beta-galactosidase.
C R Biol. 328 (6): 549-56.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra