Rabbit anti acetylcholine polyclonal antibody recognizes the small cationic neurotransmitter acetylcholine, involved in the transmission of nerve impulses across synapses. The structure of acetylcholine is preserved across the animal kingdom and the Rabbit anti acetylcholine is expected to recognize acetylcholine from all species posessing this neurotransmitter.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified Ig - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic acetylcholine conjugated to Keyhole limpet Haemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Acetylcholine antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Rat brain tissue
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Acetylcholine antibody
Amenta, F. et al. (2006) Association with the cholinergic precursor choline alphoscerate and the cholinesterase inhibitor rivastigmine: an approach for enhancing cholinergic neurotransmission.
Mech Ageing Dev. 127: 173-9.
El-Assouad, D. and Tayebati, S.K. (2002) Cholinergic innervation of pial arteries in senescent rats: an immunohistochemical study.
Mech Ageing Dev. 123: 529-36.
Tayebati, S.K. et al. (2002) Immunochemical and immunocytochemical characterization of cholinergic markers in human peripheral blood lymphocytes.
J Neuroimmunol. 132: 147-55.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra