Ranibizumab antibody | AbD29928
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Human Anti-Ranibizumab Antibody, clone AbD29928 specifically recognizes the Fab fragment antibody drug ranibizumab when in complex with its target, human vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A). The antibody does not recognize free ranibizumab or unbound recombinant human VEGF-A. It can be used to measure levels of ranibizumab and biosimilars in patient samples.
Clone AbD29928 is a monovalent Fab format antibody that can be used to develop a pharmacokinetic (PK) antigen capture assay to measure free ranibizumab captured via immobilized VEGF-A.
This antibody also recognizes bevacizumab when in complex with human VEGF-A.
Ranibizumab (Lucentis) is a humanized Fab fragment antibody (VH3-23/kappa1), originating from the same parental mouse antibody as bevacizumab (Avastin); it has 4 amino acid exchanges in the heavy chain and 1 amino acid exchange in the light chain compared to bevacizumab. Ranibizumab was first approved to treat wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a common form of age-related vision loss. It is also approved for the treatment of macular edema following retinal vein occlusion, diabetic macular edema, and diabetic retinopathy. Ranibizumab inhibits angiogenesis by binding to VEGF-A, blocking its interaction with VEGF receptors on the surface of endothelial cells, and thus preventing the subsequent growth of new blood vessels.
View a summary of all anti-ranibizumab antibodies
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Ranibizumab/VEGF complex
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of AbD29928 was measured as KD=1 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized VEGF/ranibizumab complex.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
Lucentis is a trademark of Genentech
His-tag is a trademark of EMD Biosciences.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Clone AbD29928 is recommended for use as the detection reagent in an antigen capture assay to measure free ranibizumab captured via immobilized VEGF
Protocol: PK antigen capture ELISA to measure free drug
References for Ranibizumab antibody
Harth, S. et al. (2019) Generation by phage display and characterization of drug-target complex-specific antibodies for pharmacokinetic analysis of biotherapeutics.
MAbs. 11 (1): 178-190.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up