Rat anti Mouse IgM heavy chain recognizes murine IgM (mu heavy chain) and does not cross react with other murine immunoglobulin classes or subclasses.
Avidity = 2 x 108 M-1
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgM - liquid
- Purified IgM prepared by affinity chromatography on mouse IgM/Sepharose 4B from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Polyclonal mouse IgM.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Isotype concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Lou/c rats were fused with cells of the rat IR983F myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
activation of MAPK activity
humoral immune response mediated by circulating immunoglobulin
transmembrane receptor activity
external side of plasma membrane
B cell receptor complex
antigen processing and presentation
positive regulation of B cell proliferation
immunoglobulin complex, circulating
positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
early endosome to late endosome transport
positive regulation of endocytosis
perinuclear region of cytoplasm
positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
B cell receptor signaling pathway
integral to membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IgM antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This antibody may be used as a coating antibody in sandwich ELISA in combination with LO-MM-9 (MCA199B) and Streptavidin:HRP (STAR5B) as the detection reagents.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for IgM antibody
Savignac. M. et al. (2010) Increased B cell proliferation and reduced Ig production in DREAM transgenic mice.
J Immunol. 185:7527-36.
Huang, C.H. et al. (2011) Airway inflammation and IgE production induced by dust mite allergen-specific memory/effector Th2 cell line can be effectively attenuated by IL-35.
J Immunol. 187: 462-71.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra